This is a delicious soup that remembers me my mother. She use to add eggs when the soup was boiling. But I was not interested this time.
- Two cups of slice mushrooms
- Two cups of cactus cut into small squares
- 3 cups of Vegetable or Meat stock
- 3 cups of water
- 1 cube of Edwards and Sons (optional)
- Sea Salt
Ingredients for the Guajillo sauce:
- 5 Guajillo peppers
- Two cloves of garlic
- Sea Salt
- Two cups of water
Instructions for the Guajillo sauce
- Toasted the Guajillo pepper. Cool down
- Remove the seeds
- Boil them in two cups of water
- Place the peppers, garlic and sea salt in a blender (don’t add water)
- Strain the mixture if you want.
Instructions for the Soup
- Place the cactus in a pan with three cups of water. Wait until they are soft and the color changed into soft green. Strain and leave them “breath” for 15 minutes or more.
- Place two tablespoons of olive oil or avocado oil or coconut oil in a soup pan.
- Add the Guajillo sauce. Stir the sauce.
- Add the stock
- Place the mushrooms and the cactus
- Wait until boil
- Reduce the heat
- Add water (Only if you need)
- Taste. Add sea salt. Taste again. If you need more flavor this is the moment to add one cube of Edward and Sons. Breath and follow your instinct. Find the flavor that you like.
Grab an avocado and place tortillas in you oven. Enjoy!!!
Note: Remember that if you didn’t have a chance to keep stock ready at your fridge use the cubes.