This plates remembered my mother. When I came front the school starving most of the times she had the food for lunch ready and warm. She called the plate calabacitas con elote and normally she add rice aside. Well her plate inspired me to create this one. Green beans with squash accompanied with millet. Oh wow! I am actually eating while writing this post. I added fresh oregano which by the way it is one of my favorite herbs for many reasons: Flavor, benefits. I met fresh oregano thanks to Finca Tres Robles. The taste is AMAZING.
Here is the recipe:
- One summer squash
- Big handful of green beans
- Fresh Oregano
- One Tomato
- One Clove of Garlic
- Non Refined Sea Salt
- Olive Oil
- Small piece of onion
- Blend the tomato, garlic and onion until you get a soft, liquid mixture.
- Heat a pan with one tea spoon of butter, ghee or olive oil
- Chop the green beans and the squash and toasted when ready, low the heat and add the tomato mixture and wait until it is cooked
- When ready place the “stew” on brown rice, millet or enjoy by itself
- Spread GOOD QUALITY olive oil, chopped fresh oregano and salt.