Second #fincaCSA share. I received my delicious veggies yesterday from Finca Tres Robles and picked to prepare this dish: Bok Choy and one of my favorites, cilantro. So…. Ready, Set GO!!!!
- One small Bok Choy
- High quality Butter. Grass fed, No antibiotic, No hormones. Happy Cow basically. I got mine from Lucky Layla Farm. You can buy it at Central City Co-op or Revival restaurant. Otherwise, use coconut oil.
- One clove of garlic (minced)
- Two cups of cooked Millet.
Notes: Millet is a gluten-free grain and an excellent source of minerals, particularly calcium, magnesium and silica. Good for your hormonal balance. Strong nails and hair. To cook the millet: toasted one cup, when ready, add three cups of water. Wait until boil and touch the texture. If it soft and ready for you, remove it from the heat and strain. Rinse with cold water.
** You can use Brown Rice instead of Millet
Ingredients for Dressing
- 1/4 cup of walnut oil
- Large handful of cilantro
Instructions for toasting the Bok Choy
- Cut the bottom of the Bok Choy to separate the leaves
- Heat the butter in a a pan and add the garlic and Bok Choy
- Add the Garlic and Bok Choy. Stir-fry for 3 to 5 min, until soft
- Add a pinch of salt
Instructions for Dressing
- Place in the blender the cilantro, walnut oil and Salt.
- Blend. If it get stock add more oil.
Notes: Walnut is good source of omega-3 which decrease inflammation. It is a key nutrient for your brain. It boost your brain. Don’t hesitate to add more.
Place the millet in a plate add the toasted Bok Choy and spread the dressing. I STRONGLY recommend to sprinkle GRAIN salt and cilantro leave. Millet has an interesting flavor that is nice to mix eat with GRAIN salt and feel it in a bite.